Monday, October 25, 2004

The Grudge

Well, it looks like we're coming to the end of another year; except that this time will be different from the past 3 years. How so? There will be no new Lord of the Rings movie coming out. I used to think of LOTR as my "end of the year good movie guarantee"; meaning that no matter how many movies let you down throughout the year, you could count on a few Hobbits to save your movie-going year. Ah, well...

So, we saw 'The Grudge' a couple of nights ago, and I must say that it was pretty spooky. Definitely worth the price of the matinee ticket. The bad thing is, we had these girls behind us talking the whole time. Now, I try to be as non-violent as possible, but even I know that there's a time to start handing out beatings. Dealing with movie-talkers is one of those times. But let's face it, if I started handing out beatings in a crowded movie theater, I'd get arrested. In order to avoid jail time, I came up with a clever plan: I'd wait until the movie got to a part that was about to be scary, and then I'd turn around and grab one of the girls' legs and scream at the top of my lungs. Of course, doing that would've probably caused the girl in question to kick me in the face and send me tumbling down the stadium seats only to end up twitching and bleeding on the floor. In addition, my woman would be stunned wondering, "why the hell did he do that?"

I decided against trying to scare the girls, but in planning my scheme, and estimating the consequences, I'd missed 5 minutes of the movie. Maybe next time I'll just turn around and tell the movie talker or talkers to STFU, and save myself the time of planning.

Anyway, sorry about the tangent. Go see 'The Grudge' with your girlfriend/wife. Especially if she's the type to get really scared. It's like seeing two shows for the price of one.

No comments: