Sunday, February 28, 2010

Borderlands and the Older Gamer

Time flies when you're not blogging, right? I mean, crap -- has it really been 13 days since my last post? Oh well...

Anyway, I just beat Borderlands, and everything you've read about it is true. There are 28 zillion-gajillion guns up for grabs, and it's 100x better to play it with friends. As a single player game, Borderlands fails, sadly. Hopefully, the inevitable sequel will feature a more entertaining single-player experience.

As a funny side note, I had played through just about the entire game (not including the expansion packs) without knowing about the phenomenon of the hacked gun. So, I host a public game, and this level 50 joins the game with a gun that shoots pure death at 16 rounds per second. I mean, this gun friggin laid waste to everything in it's path. When I asked the guy where he got such a beautiful engine of destruction, he said nothing -- he just proceeded to throw down a handful of death-dealers, the likes of which I never imagined. Then, he left the game.

I used the guns for about an hour before I became just a little bit suspicious. So, I consulted Google. I entered "Borderlands guns", and the auto correct feature immediately added on "hacking guide". Yeah. Apparently everyone on the planet knew about hacked Borderlands guns except me and the guys I usually played with. I must be getting old...

No comments: