Sunday, February 07, 2010

While I was out...Call of Juarez

Let's start off with a few quick-hit reviews of the best games that came out while I was on "vacation". Next up is Call of Juarez.

I played this game to completion mostly with Thomas on the PS3. Then I traded it.

Call of Juarez is a western game -- like the Old West; cowboys and stuff. At the beginning of each chapter, you get the choice on playing as either Thomas or Ray (I think his name was Ray, anyway...). Thomas is the long-range shooter, and Ray is more of a brawler. At least, as much a brawler as there can be in a game that doesn't have melee combat...for whatever reason. And it's not as if Call of Juarez didn't need melee, either. I came face-to-face with baddies many times only to have nothing left in my six-shooter, and have to reload before I could put the hurt on them. This was a really dumb choice on the part of the developer, but it was only one of the two big dumb choices they made.

The other dumb choice was not to make this game co-op. This game was made for co-op, and there was no reason to have it only have a single-player option in this day and age. Ah. That said, the game was still decent, but I really didn't feel the need to play the game through again as Ray.

No comments: