Sunday, February 07, 2010

While I was out...Batman: Arkham Asylum

Let's start off with a few quick-hit reviews of the best games that came out while I was on "vacation". First up is Batman: Arkham Asylum.

I played this game to completion on the PS3, and I also played several of the challenges (including the exclusive Joker challenges). Quite simply, this is the best established superhero game ever. I say "established superhero" to signify that this character (in this case, the Batman) was not created simply for the sake of the game, as is the case with InFamous and Prototype.

This game came on to my radar from out of nowhere. At first I thought nothing of this game, then that fateful Thursday came when I played the demo. As soon as the demo ended, this game had become a must-have.

The pacing of the game was perfect, and the Scarecrow sections really opened up the game in a totally unexpected (but incredibly awesome) way. If not for Uncharted 2, this game would've gotten my vote for GOTY.

It's been out for a while now, so you really have no excuse not to have this game.

No comments: