Wednesday, February 10, 2010

While I was out...Resistance 2

Let's continue with a few quick-hit reviews of the some games that came out while I was on "vacation".  Next up is Resistance 2.

Resistance 2 is a PS3 exclusive, and I played it to completion, and I spend many, many hours on the co-op multiplayer modes.

I played Resistance: Fall of Man way back when the PS3 launched, and I really liked the storyline and gameplay.  My wife and I even played much of the game in split-screen and a good time was had by all.  When Resistance 2, I naturally assumed that I'd have a similar experience.  I played through the single-player mode, and really liked it.  So far, so good.  When the wife and I tried split-screen, however, the same good time was NOT had by all.  Just like Ghostbusters before it, Resistance 2 got me with the co-op uppercut -- there is no proper co-op story-mode.  It's just a bunch of little one-off missions that you play over and over and over.

The only reason I played the co-op on-line was because the gameplay mechanics were interesting enough for me to enjoy it.  I would've preferred a proper story-mode co-op, and I have no idea why the developer decided to drop that feature, but whatever. 

No comments: